Ethan and Ella search for lions on a safari in Kenya in the fifth book of Greetings from Somewhere, an exciting series about mystery, travel, and adventure.
Ethan, Ella, and their parents travel to the Maasai Mara in Kenya where they stay in a cabin and venture out on safaris every day in search of The Big Five game animals—the African elephant, the Cape buffalo, the leopard, the rhinoceros, and, of course, the lion. The kids are so excited when they see four of the five animals within the first few days, but where are the lions? Both Ethan and Ella could swear they’ve seen a lion’s tail poking out from behind a tree, but they cannot seem to find the animal itself!
Then, the twins talk to a boy and girl who live in the Maasai Mara. The locals give Ethan and Ella some clues about spotting lions. With a little help and some good detective work, the twins discover a whole lion family on their last day in Kenya!
With easy-to-read language and illustrations on almost every page, the Greetings from Somewhere chapter books are perfect for beginning readers.
Read an excerpt of The Mystery of the Lion's Tail
Early Grade Books
Greetings from Somewhere
- The Mystery of the Gold Coin
- The Mystery of the Mosaic
- The Mystery of the Stolen Painting
- The Mystery in the Forbidden City
- The Mystery of the Lion's Tail
- The Mystery of the Suspicious Spices
- The Mystery Across the Secret Bridge
- The Mystery At the Coral Reef
- The Mystery of the Icy Paw Prints
- The Mystery of the Secret Society
- Tales From Maple Ridge >
- Greetings from Somewhere >
- Teen Books >
- Early Grade Books >
- About Nancy